Monday 26 September 2011

Normandie

Hello,

This past week has been crazy! I still had no housing but I needed to get out of Paris and breathe different air, so I headed up to Normandie. When I was a kid we use to always go up there, it was our version of 'going to the cottage'.  After seeing the beaches of my childhood, I decided to see mont st. Michel. I had never been but heard that it was a must see, and it did not dissapoint!
Afterwards I headed to Saint-Malo, which I had just learned is where the French left to go to Canada to form Quebec.. I didn't have many expectations for this stop, but it turned out to be one of the best of the weekend.  The ocean there is so dramatic as the huge waves crash agaisnt the fortified walls of old saint-malo.
Mont Saint-Michel.

Saint-Malo.


No comments:

Post a Comment