Tuesday 27 December 2011

BUDA pest

View of Pest from Buda

When I initially thought of places I wanted to visit while I was in Europe, Budapest had never come to mind but because I didn't have time to go to Russia and really wanted to see some of Eastern Europe, I made my way there. The hostel I stayed at was one of my favourite. It was owned by a young american who was on his way to Israel when he stopped in Budapest and ended falling in love with a local. He never made it to Israel but now he owns a pretty awesome hostel and got himself a lady friend.
Budapest is gorgeous, it was originally two cities divided by the river. On Buda you can find the palace and the castle hill and on Pest you find the parliament and many other monuments. I had the chance to rent a bike, it was the best way to tour the city. One day I went to these traditional outdoor thermal baths,  it felt pretty great swimming outside in the middle of December. On the last day I went to the House of Terror, which was the Nazi headquarters and then later during the Soviet Union the secret police headquarters.
I met some of the nicest people and had some of the most relaxing and freeing moments in this city, I love you Budapest :)
Thermal Baths

Me and my beautiful bike!

House of Terror 

No comments:

Post a Comment