Monday 4 August 2014

Sai Kung

Another surprising thing Hong Kong has to offer is amazing hikes.  I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't been on many so when my cousin Jon and his girlfriend Connie invited me to Sai Kung I was ready to go!

A lot of people do the hike and then camp on the beach, something that is now on my HK Bucket List, however we made a day trip out of it. The hike wasn't too difficult and the views were breathtaking. By the time we got to the beach I was so hot from the humidity I immediately kicked my shoes off and ran into the water. Because this beach is only accessible by foot or private boat it meant it was much less crowded and polluted, as well there was much more wildlife.  We swam all afternoon, had drinks and ate in one of the few restaurants there, and then took a speed boat back to the town.

High Island Reservoir



Connie and Jon


Water Buffalo just hanging out on the beach



The best dog ever, Ling Ling.


Amazing day!! I'll be sure to go back to camp and of course write about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment