Friday 6 June 2014

Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery

The Buddha is of course the predominant figure of Buddhism and therefore can be found all around the city. I still haven't made it to the Big Buddha on Lantau (I know I know, I promise I'll go soon!) however I did go to Sha Tin where the Monastery containing 10,000 Buddhas is located.

It was hot humid afternoon and the sun was shining, we had been warned it was quite a walk up but with water in hand we began the trek.  Each Buddha is different, no two are alike and there literally are 10, 000 of them ( I counted!!! Okay maybe I didn't but I tried...). It was absolutely stunning, the view, the different platforms, the fountains, the temples, and of course the Buddhas. Definitely a top recommendation for things to do in Hong Kong!









No comments:

Post a Comment