Saturday 29 October 2011

Taking this experience to a whole new level

Hey,

I have officially become a cliche in Paris by becoming a waitress, however it's not in a cafe but in an Italian restaurant. I should probably back track to explain how I got to this point.  It all started when I got here, well really it started long before but I'll spare you the life story and skip to the recent events. This exchange has been brutal, Paris is like one of my friends called it "a cruel mistress".  So much goes wrong here, but you still love it because c'est Paris how could you not be in love. Many reasons added up to make me take one of the biggest decisions of my life, something I never thought I could be capable of. I decided to stop school and take the semester off. I was pleasantly surprised by people's reactions to this news. I thought for sure people would be dissapointed or not understand, but so far everyone has been extremely supportive.

I thought it would be easy to know what to do next, I stopped school, I'm free...right? But having so much freedom all of the sudden confused me, was I suppose to travel, where should I travel to, should I work, should I go home?

 What would you do if you suddenly had let's say 2 months to do whatever you want to?

In the end I quit my job as a waitress for several unpleasant reasons and I am looking for someone to replace me in my housing situation, then I'm off to see my aunt and cousins in Nice and from there I will travel Europe!


                                          Words I've been living by during this experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment